Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New hair

So, last week, I changed my hair. It was about time, since I hadn't touched it for almost a year after embracing a long bout of low maintenance balayage.

I showed my hairdresser this picture of Mila as a guide:


I wanted to steer away from balayage this time, since it doesn't always look as natural as I would like, so my hairdresser and I decided to mimic the dimension in Mila's hair by using two levels of the same shade of hair colour - darker through the roots, and slightly lighter towards the ends. I go to an Aveda salon, partly because the Aveda hair colours include a magnificent brown with absolutely no red ("warmth" is my hair's arch nemesis). 

He also cut in some new layers and lopped a few inches off the length.

Voila!


FOTD:

By Terry Soleil de Rose Freshtone Hydra-Reviver in #1 Sunlight
I use this as a primer, and it's beautiful. It smooths my skin, evens out my skintone (it has a subtle self-tanning agent) and gives me a glow underneath my foundation. 
My original review is here, but I am loving this more and more.
By Terry Touche Veloutee in #3 Beige
Beautiful - hydrating, smoothing, flawless. HG.
By Terry Soleil Terrybly Hydra Bronzing Tinted Serum in #1 Summer Nude
I apply this as a contouring product with my Nars "Yachiyo" brush. So lovely - the perfect "tan" colour. (This has a tanning agent as well, so I use it sparingly!)
By Terry Voile Poudre in #4 Nude Beige
Gorgeous sheer texture with a satin finish. Can you tell how much I love By Terry?
So pretty.
Apparently this has been discontinued. Travesty!
Chanel Brow Set in Brunette
When I bought this, the sales lady told me it would last me 7 years (she was very specific!) I didn't believe her at the time but after having used it for a year and a half and barely making a dent, now I do.
By Terry Mascara Terrybly in Black
Long, defined, glossy black lashes. Plus, I swear it has helped my lashes grow! (It contains a "growth boosting serum".) HG. 
Estee Lauder Liquid Eyeliner in Black
HG, but discontinued.
[Other products on my eyes, that you can't see: Nars Cream Eyeshadow in Corfu, Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Melusine and Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Violetta.]
YSL Pur Couture Glossy Stain in #13
I bought this on Zoe Foster's recommendation. BRILLIANT. 

My hairdresser also introduced me to this fabulous stuff by Sebastien:


It's a leave-in conditioner/ styling whip that gives my hair moisture, smoothness, hold, texture and a beautiful scent. Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment